Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Create you own legacy



I loved listening to all the stories of my family and the ancestors -- I wish I would have written more of it down when I was younger. Future generations will want to know about you and your ancestors, you can give them some help by doing one of these things.

  • Video Biography - there are so many ways to record lasting memories that include advice, anecdotes and life stories. Pull out your Flip, your telephone, video camera or hire a professional to record the details.
  • Take Notes - ask your parents and other relatives questions and let them tell the stories. This is a great way to create a memoir with a personal touch.
  • Photos - create a photo album -- or if you are really crafty, a scrapbook -- in tribute to your parents and relatives. This is a great gift to the future generations too when they wonder how we all looked in the "olden times."
  • Ethical Wills - this is a way to share your values, blessings, life's lessons, hopes and dreams for the future, love, and forgiveness with your family, friends, and community. 

Email me anytime and tell me your story!  Please subscribe to my columns for great tips and information.


No comments: