Friday, August 19, 2011

Welcome to the World - Ellen Marie




Sorting through my all the things in my parent's house and I found this ditty my father wrote on the night my sister was born.

On August 19 at a quarter to three
Agatha drove off in Corsa with me

Kathy and Beast were all bedded down
Cause our purpose was not a night on the town

To Marymont hospital we drove that wet night
With thunder and lightning to hinder our flight

Up to the emergency door our Corsa it flew
But the guard said "No parking and I do mean you!"

The full moon was covered with clouds that morn
But a new Riley heir was soon to be born

Would it be Michael Donavan or Ellen Marie?
Either one would ease poor Ag's misery

Ag was on the table at three fifty six
And seven pounds 10 came at four twenty six

Big Dad shook hands with old Doctor Wise
And looked at the baby with tears in his eyes

She's a perfect little tyke its easy to see
Our new little daughter - Ellen Marie

No comments: